Wednesday, September 10, 2014

This Bite

This Bite

Recovery is about every bite
But right now, in this moment
All that matter is this bite

This bite is for all the lies you told me
All the lies I was too scared not to believe
All the lies burned in my mind

This bite is for all the names you called me
For the self-hate you infused into me
The reflection you have made me hate


This bite is for the days you stole from me
The days I spent exercising, counting, crying
Desperate for a way out


This bite is for the joy you robbed me of
The smiles that were replaced with tears
The laughter replaced with sobbing

This bite is for the body you destroyed with your violent anger
The body I was blessed with that you crippled
The body I will now fight to protect

I'm so grateful for all the people who said I couldn't do it. They just made me try even harder. Katrina Mayer (True story!) 
This bite is for my future
The one I am reclaiming
The one you try and tell me will never be

This bite is for all the people who said I couldn't
All the ones who deemed recovery impossible
All the ones who didn't know my God's power

This bite is for the laughter
The laughter I will find again
The smiles that laughter will bring

This bite is for memories
The ones I will build without you
And the ones I refuse to miss out on by obeying you

This bite is for my family
The loved ones I have here who love me
And the ones who have passed and are cheering me on

This bite is for my papa
The man I miss so much
The man who believe I could and would recover

This bite is for the strangers
The people I have yet to meet that I am supposed to help
The people who are counting on me

This bite is for and with my God
For the truth He will restore me with
For the body and beauty He has blessed me with

This bite is for hope,
For love, for promises, for dreams
For everything you stole from me that I will reclaim

This bite

This bite is for me

No comments:

Post a Comment